Last update 21st May 2018
Dead Herring (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
- Data subject – Natural person
- Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
- Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
- Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
- Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
Helen Saxton – owner at Dead Herring is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters contact Helen Saxton, Owner, Dead Herring, 3 White Hart, High Street, East Ilsley, Berkshire RG20 7LE helen@Dead Herring.co.uk
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for;
Subcontractors; to manage our events, maintain our own accounts and records, inform you of forthcoming work prospects and activities only, and for:
Clients & Suppliers; you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.Dead Herring.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, place an order, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey online, request a quote and when you report a problem with our site.
Prospects; to inform you of news and forthcoming events for marketing purposes
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
Subcontractors personal data – Full name, home address or private email address, phone numbers. We have obtained your personal data from you following your first engagement with Dead Herring.
Clients & Suppliers – Name, position, employer, phone numbers (including personal mobile), email addresses, company addresses, supervisor names and positions and names and positions of colleagues within your company.
Prospects – Name, email address, phone number.
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data (article 6 of GDPR)?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Processing Segment
- Legal Basis
Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
Processing necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- For Subcontractors; we will only retain your personal data whilst you wish to continue as a subcontractor for Dead Herring.
- For Clients and Suppliers; we keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary following the end of our contract.
- For Prospects; we keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and until you choose to unsubscribe.
- Where is your data stored?
Microsoft OneDrive: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/privacy/you-own-your-data
- Your rights and your personal data
- Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data andere possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
- Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Helen Saxton – Owner, Dead Herring. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.